My initial flat plan for my contents page, i kept, but when it was constructed like i thought i wanted, i didn't think it looked right, or worked well! I thought it all looked a bit fake and not like a proper contents page!
The clear box was supposedly for a picture, but as i thought it looked too plain and not right, i got inspiration from 'Mojo' magazine to have a picture as the actual background.

This picture (on the left) was the photo i decided to use as the contents page background. I thought it would work well as there was space about the head to fit 'Contents' at the top, behind the head which i thought was really effective. I made it black and white to match the house style, but i had a problem in that the photo wasn't taken with view to use for the contents page, and to make space, i actaully needed the model right at the corner of the page, and not in the middle! i used photoshop to clone the picture to the left so the model would be on the right! I then blurred out this background to make it less fussy and busy.

I then played around with the page, first thinking it would be too busy with the picture as the whole page, then deciding it didn't look right! I changed the colours of the writing and put it behind the models head.
No comments:
Post a Comment