For my double page spread I had chosen a picture that my writing could flow around. This is my first plan that I made, but didn’t finish as I had changed my idea. I flipped the picture as I wanted the writing that way round, and blurred out the background so the picture of the model was more visible. I tried out with a few titles, and i thought the picture looked good, but despite the background being blurred out, i thought it was still a bit too busy to put questions over the whole page. White didn't show up well, and nor did black in some areas. I also thought the picture was maybe a bit large in that i probably wouldn't be able to get many questions onto the page
I then changed my idea as I just didn’t think it would work and look very good.
My second Idea came
from a ‘Q’ magazine. I wanted a larger picture, filling a whole page, and on
the right instead of the left of the double page. I needed a bold title, and wanted
to keep within the house style so I chose a drop cap as red to match the
front cover colour scheme. I tested out different ways of displaying it, and
really like the way in which I finally decided.
When writing the
intro, I liked the idea of having the magazines name matching the colour scheme
so it stood out. I also chose a larger font that the rest of the text.
The questions for my double page spread were totally randomly thought up! I wanted the artist to be a new alternative
Double page spread questions
Amber Lovelace is the new girl in town. She’s the latest up and coming artist AIR has interviewed. With an already large fan base, over 350,000 hits on YouTube and an album waiting to be released, were rearing to get to know her better.
1. Being the new girl, how are you coping with all the pressure?
I love it, I love my fans! It’s so strange going from a small town girl recording little videos on YouTube to being known all over the place, and being busy the whole time, it’s great!
2. As you said you love your fans, have you started getting fan mail?!
Yes! It’s actually so fun going through so much post just for me! The most recent thing I got from a fan was a teddy bear with hearts and my name on! It was so sweet!
3. Do you find the pressure of fans and paparazzi hard to deal with?
At the moment it’s been ok, nothing too much, but if it got much more, I would start to struggle, but I guess I just try to stay out of it as much as I can!
4. We hear you have an album coming out?
Yes, I’m so exited! I’ve been working so hard with it and been so busy- it’s been a great experience!
5. What can we expect from the album?
I’m not going to give away to many hints as I want it to be more of a surprise! It’s only going to have a few songs on as this is going to be more of a ‘starter’ album, and not too substantial!
6. So, going back to the start of your career, what got you started in the music?
Well, when I was younger, I loved music, I could never afford music lessons so I taught myself to play the guitar on a really cheap one I actually picked up from a charity shop for a tenner! It all then started from there! I started learning songs, singing, getting involved in school plays and got myself into a few small festivals around town!
7. Does your personality influence your music style?
I’ve always been a bit different and wild- as my friends would say so I guess yeah, my music is a little bit like that! It’s different, alternative and I guess that’s what people like!
8. Collaborating with Anastasia Luke- how did you find it? And who else would you like to collaborate with?
It was amazing, honestly was such an amazing experience! We both get on really well as I had met her many times before, so we built up a great friendship so it wasn’t like going into something completely new which I would have found hard to do! I would love to work with Daniel Borne! I think he’s great fun and our voices would match perfectly!
9. What’s your best experience so far?
I honestly think all of it, but if I had to choose, it would be meeting new people! I have always loved meeting new people, and in this industry it’s something you get a lot of- which I love!
10. What are you hoping for in the future?
I just want to keep doing what I’m doing at the moment, obviously get past being a newbie and once that’s all over I’m just hoping for a more normal life but continuing my music!



No comments:
Post a Comment